Aroha Care Centre is administered by the Taita Home Trust Board Incorporated, a charitable trust set up by the Wellington Baptist Association and Presbyterian Support Services (Central). The Board meets quarterly to review its strategic position and to look towards future planning. The complex stands today as a tribute the voluntary effort and goodwill of many fine Christian people.
Guided by our history as a faith based health care provider Aroha is committed to providing excellent resident and family centered care. We are dedicated to treat all persons with whom we serve and work with respect and compassion and to meet both our challenges and opportunities in accordance with our Philosophy of Care:
Our philosophy of care is to ensure our residents:
- Are treated as individuals with respect and dignity.
- Receive personal and health care according to their needs.
- live in an environment that is maintained to a high standard
- have privacy, and feel safe and secure
- maintain contact with family and friends as they desire
- maintain personal independence
- are consulted and involved in decisions about their needs and desires
- continue with the cultural and religious practices important to them.
- feel safe to complain about anything which upsets them.